Thursday, June 20, 2013

Lavender Cardamom Milk

It's been a little bit, but I'm back on my feet again after a couple of months of back problems. I missed playing around in the kitchen, but I'm going to take things kind of easy at first.

I plan on using this sweetened, flavored milk in my tea tomorrow morning. 

Lavender Cardamom Milk

1 can evaporated milk
1/4 cup water
2 cardamom pods
approx 1 teaspoon lavender buds
approx 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla
pinch cinnamon

Toast and grind fennel seeds. Crush cardamom seeds (not the whole pod). In a small saucepan, add all ingredients. Bring slowly to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Let sit for 5-10 minutes. Strain.

Simple, simple. I'm sure it could also be made into ice cream if you choose.


No comments:

Post a Comment