Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Honey Wheat Harvest Grain bread in the Awesome Bread Machine

I brought the Awesome Bread Machine out after two years of snobbishly insisting that I would never use a bread machine again. My oven has become peevish. Action had to be taken.

I found a recipe for wheat bread through Pinterest from 100 Days of Real Food and since I can't leave a recipe well enough alone, I tweaked it. I cut the wheat flour with white, upped the honey by half and added a couple of handfuls of King Arthur Harvest Grains mix. The result was a nutty, quasi-dense loaf substantive enough to make a sandwich satisfying.


We had picked up some pumpkin butter and cherry butter from a little shop in Lampasas on the way back to El Paso Sunday. The tart cherry butter set off the nutty bread quite well. Can't wait to make this one again!

No comments:

Post a Comment